MI vs GT Playing XI, Pitch Report & Injury Updates For Match 57 of IPL 2023

On Friday (May 12), Mumbai Indians (MI) will clash with Gujarat Titans (GT) in the 57th game of the Indian Premier League 2023 at Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai. Having secured six victories in eleven matches, Mumbai Indians currently hold the third position in the points table. A triumph in this upcoming game would significantly enhance their chances of qualifying for the playoffs. In their previous encounter, Mumbai Indians defeated Royal Challengers Bangalore by skillfully chasing down a target of 200 runs in just 16.3 overs, with six wickets to spare. Suryakumar Yadav’s outstanding performance, marked by his fourth half-century of the season, earned him the well-deserved Player of the Match award.

The Gujarat Titans have been in excellent form, winning eight out of their eleven matches and currently leading the points table. A victory in this game would make them the first team to secure a spot in the playoffs this season. In their recent encounter against the Lucknow Super Giants, the Titans showcased their batting prowess. They set an imposing total of 227 runs for the loss of two wickets in 20 overs, courtesy of a remarkable 142-run opening partnership between Shubman Gill and Wriddhiman Saha. In response, the Super Giants could only manage 171 runs for the loss of seven wickets in their allotted 20 overs, succumbing to a defeat by a margin of 56 runs. Mohit Sharma emerged as the standout bowler for the Titans, taking four wickets for 29 runs in his four overs.

In the IPL, these two teams have crossed paths twice thus far. In their first encounter last season, Mumbai Indians emerged victorious by a narrow margin of five runs against the defending champions. Mumbai Indians set a target of 177 runs for the loss of six wickets, managing to defend it successfully. However, in their first match of this season, the Gujarat Titans turned the tables on Mumbai Indians. The Titans posted an impressive total of 207 runs for the loss of six wickets, while their strong bowling performance restricted Mumbai Indians to 152 runs, resulting in a comprehensive victory for the Titans by a margin of 55 runs.

PROBABLE PLAYING XI

Mumbai Indians

Rohit Sharma(C), SA Yadav, Tim David, Tilak Varma, C Green, Piyush Chawla, Ishan Kishan(wk), JP Behrendorff, K Kartikeya, Akash Mandwaal, CJ Jordan

BENCH : T Stubbs, H Shokeen, Arshad Khan, N Wadhera, Ramandeep Singh, S Sandeep Warrier, AS Tendulkar, Vishnu Vinod, Dewald Brevis, Raghav Goyal, Jofra Archer, Riley Meredith, SZ Mulani, D Jansen, JA Richardson

Gujarat Titans

Shubman Gill, HH Pandya(C), A Manohar, DA Miller, Vijay Shankar, R Tewatia, Wriddhiman Saha(wk), Rashid Khan, M Shami, MM Sharma, Noor Ahmad

BENCH : Kane Williamson, J Little, Yash Dayal, Alzarri Joseph, Sai Sudharsan, KS Bharat, J Yadav, MS Wade, Urvil Patel, Ravisrinivasan Sai Kishore, Odean Smith, Shivam Mavi, DG Nalkande, PJ Sangwan, D Shanaka

PITCH REPORT

The average first innings total in the previous five games played at the Wankhede Stadium in Mumbai this season has been 193 runs. The pitch at this venue is expected to favor the batters, offering them ample support in this upcoming game. Over the past three years, the pacers have been particularly influential at this ground, accounting for 70% of the wickets taken. Meanwhile, the spinners have accounted for the remaining 30% of the dismissals. Considering these factors, the team winning the toss will likely opt for bowling first in this match.

Author: admin

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *