LSG vs MI Playing XI, Pitch Report & Injury Updates For Match 63 of IPL 2023

On Tuesday (May 16), Mumbai Indians (MI) and Lucknow Super Giants (LSG) will face off in the 63rd match of the Indian Premier League 2023 at the Bharat Ratna Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee Ekana Cricket Stadium in Lucknow. Currently, LSG occupies the fourth spot in the points table, having secured victories in six out of their twelve games, accumulating a total of 13 points. Their recent triumph came against Sunrisers Hyderabad, where SRH made a total of 182 runs for the loss of six wickets in their allotted 20 overs, thanks to a strong batting display from their middle order. In response, LSG successfully chased down the target in 19.2 overs with seven wickets to spare. Prerak Mankad, playing in his second IPL game, registered his maiden half-century, while Marcus Stoinis and Nicholas Pooran also made noteworthy contributions for the Lucknow Super Giants.

With 14 points, MI currently stands in third place on the points table, having emerged victorious in seven out of their twelve games thus far. In their previous encounter, they secured a win against the GT. Suryakumar Yadav’s exceptional performance resulted in his maiden century in the IPL, enabling MI to set an imposing total of 218 runs for the loss of five wickets. Suryakumar remained unbeaten on an impressive 103 runs off just 49 deliveries. GT faced early setbacks, putting them on the back foot, but David Miller’s contribution of 41 runs off 26 deliveries kept them in the game. Unfortunately, GT’s chances dwindled once Miller departed. Rashid Khan emerged as the sole warrior, smashing an impressive 79 runs off 32 deliveries, including three fours and ten sixes. Nevertheless, GT fell short of the target by 27 runs, managing to score 191 runs for the loss of eight wickets in their allotted 20 overs.

PROBABLE PLAYING XI

Lucknow Super Giants

MP Stoinis, YS Thakur, Kyle Mayers, KH Pandya(C), PN Mankad, Nicholas Pooran, Q de Kock(wk), Avesh Khan, Ravi Bishnoi, A Mishra, Yudhvir Singh

BENCH : KL Rahul, Deepak Hooda, Krishnappa Gowtham, Mark Wood, Jaydev Unadkat, DR Sams, A Badoni, Romario Shepherd, M Vohra, Karan Sharma, Swapnil Singh, Naveen-ul-Haq, Mohsin Khan, Mayank Yadav, AN Guleria

Mumbai Indians

Rohit Sharma(C), SA Yadav, Tim David, Vishnu Vinod, C Green, Piyush Chawla, N Wadhera, Ishan Kishan(wk), JP Behrendorff, K Kartikeya, CJ Jordan

BENCH : T Stubbs, Tilak Varma, H Shokeen, Arshad Khan, Ramandeep Singh, S Sandeep Warrier, AS Tendulkar, Dewald Brevis, Raghav Goyal, Jofra Archer, Riley Meredith, SZ Mulani, D Jansen, Akash Mandwaal, JA Richardson

PITCH REPORT

Bharat Ratna Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee Ekana Cricket Stadium in Lucknow has hosted a total of 30 T20s in the last three years. The average first innings score here has been less than 140 runs. Spinners have been really effective here so far and have taken 53% of wickets. The pacers have been able to pick the remaining 47% of the wickets here. The team batting first has won three of the last five games here.

Author: admin

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *