DC vs CSK : Playing XI, Pitch Report & Injury Updates For Match 67 of IPL 2023

DC defeated Punjab Kings in their previous outing by 15 runs. DC posted a total of 213 runs for the loss of two wickets after being asked to bat first by PBKS. Rilee Rossouw played a pivotal role for DC with the bat as he achieved his maiden half-century in IPL and remained unbeaten on 82 runs off 37 deliveries. The Kings lost some quick wickets, but Atharva Taide and Liam Livingstone helped the team return on track. The duo added 78 runs for the third wicket. Both the batters scored half-centuries and helped PBKS almost chase down the target. But, after they both were gone, the remaining batters failed to capitalize, and PBKS fell short of the target by 15 runs.

CSK lost their previous game against Kolkata Knight Riders. CSK could make only 144 runs for the loss of six wickets in 20 overs. Shivam Dube was the highest-scorer for CSK and scored 48 runs off 34 deliveries. KKR had a shaky start to their chase and lost three wickets in the PowerPlay. But the duo of Nitish Rana and Rinku Singh helped the team cross the line in 18.3 overs with six wickets in hand. Rinku won the Player of the Match award for his knock of 54 runs off 43 deliveries.

CSK and DC have come face to face 28 times in the IPL thus far. Out of these encounters, CSK emerged victorious in 18 matches, while DC clinched the win in the remaining 10 games. In their recent encounters, CSK have showcased dominance by winning the previous three matches against DC.

PROBABLE PLAYING XI

Delhi Capitals

David Warner(C), RR Rossouw, P Shaw, Aman Hakim Khan, Yash Dhull, Axar Patel, PD Salt(wk), A Nortje, KK Ahmed, KL Yadav, Ishant Sharma

BENCH : Manish Pandey, Rovman Powell, Lalit Yadav, Abishek Porel, Mukesh Kumar, SN Khan, P Dubey, MR Marsh, Ripal Patel, Mustafizur Rahman, KL Nagarkoti, L Ngidi, Vicky Ostwal, C Sakariya, Priyam Garg

Chennai Super Kings

RD Gaikwad, Devon Conway, AT Rayudu, Ajinkya RahaneMM Ali, RA Jadeja, S Dubey, MS Dhoni(C), DL Chahar, TU Deshpande, M Theekshana

BENCH : Ben Stokes, Mitchell Santner, RS Hangargekar, SP Senapati, Shaik Rasheed, Nishant Sindhu, Simarjeet Singh, SSB Magala, Dwaine Pretorius, Bhagath Varma, AJ Mandal, Mukesh Choudhary, Matheesha Pathirana, Prashant Solanki, Akash Singh

PITCH REPORT

The Arun Jaitley Stadium in Delhi offers an enticing contest between bat and ball. The pitch favors batters, encouraging stroke play and the potential for high-scoring encounters. Pacers are likely to find assistance, making their role crucial in controlling the game. The toss could play a significant role in the outcome of the match. The team winning the toss might prefer to bowl. Taking into account the recent matches played at this venue, we have witnessed high-scoring encounters where batters have dominated. The pitch has offered good value for shots, with teams consistently posting substantial totals. The pacers have taken 61% of wickets at this venue, while the spinners have picked the remaining 39% in the last three years.

Author: admin

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *